1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1 red bell pepper
6 chestnut mushrooms
5 Sundried tomatoes
Tin of tomatoes
1. Sauté 1 large onion and 2 cloves of garlic in 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
2. Add 6 finely chopped chestnut mushrooms and 1 finely chopped red pepper and sauté until softened.
3. Stir in 1 tablespoon vegetable stock and 1 bag dried red lentils. (You may need to soak the lentils depending on the brand so check the label) Mix well.
4. Add sundried tomatoes and 1 heaped teaspoon of green pesto basil and 1 tin of tomatoes.
5. Mix well and simmer for 20 -30 minutes until the lentils are soft.
6. If the mixture is too thick you may want to add water as it is cooking for the right consistency.
7. Serve with wholegrain rice and salad or fresh green vegetables or it works very well piled onto a baked sweet potato.
Recipe by Simone Berry