1 large onion, halved and sliced
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 large potato, peeled and diced quite small
2 x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
½ 20g pack fresh coriander, chopped
2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
1. Gently sauté the onion and garlic until soft. Add the curry powder, cook for 1 minute more.
2. Stir in the potato, add 425ml of water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the chick peas and tomatoes, simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the coriander and chillies.
5. This can be served with brown basmati rice or naan or poppadoms and chutney.
Recipe by Simone Berry